[dev] astral configuration question

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Dec 16 16:22:46 UTC 2016

Please keep discussion on the list so it can be archived and useful
for others.

Quoting Sebastian Birnbach <birnbacs at gmail.com>:

> Mike,
>
> I did ask Chris and and he sent me the answers below. I am still brooding
> on the calling mechanism, could you please give me a clue here?
>
> From https://wiki.horde.org/CustomizeApis I understand that Astra registers
> the service "telephony/dial": if method "dial" of service "telephony" is
> called anywhere in Horde, Astra will get called.

Correct.

> As nobody calls "telephony" it appears to be an outdated service from
> Horde-3-times. Now, in order to change the behaviour of turba I need to
> register for one of the API functions of turba (defined in
> turba/lib/Api.php). Correct?

'telephony/dial' is checked for by
Horde_Core_Ui_VarRenderer_Html::_renderVarDisplay_phone while building
the display for "phone" type form fields.

> If all of the above is right, then which API could I hook up to? Replace
> the $_links array maybe?

No. The problem is that Astral is not compatible with Horde 5 (or 4
for that matter). It was written against Horde 3. It needs to be
refactored to work with Horde 5 as there were massive changes to how
the Apis are registered etc... starting in Horde 4.

--
mike
The Horde Project