[dev] Horde_Rpc with large data

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Thu Feb 16 06:43:25 UTC 2017

Hallo,

I had some use cases where Horde_Rpc sent or received large data. It
seems there is some hard limit in xmlrpc around 8-9 mb of xml data where
it simply fails. If I explicitly call jsonrpc instead of the default
xmlrpc, I can transmit much mure data as Rpc arguments. However, the
return value of jsonrpc seems to be bare Objects, where xmlrpc returns
array with the same parameters.

Now I wonder what would be the intended Behaviour of Horde_Rpc if no
explicit rpc protocol is given. Should it switch to jsonrpc if the xml
is too large for xmlrpc or should it send a meaningful exception?

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de