[dev] starting a dynamic view application

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Fri Sep 29 07:12:12 UTC 2017

Am 27.09.2017 um 09:47 schrieb Jan Schneider:

> Zitat von Sebastian Birnbach <birnbacs at gmail.com>:
>
>> All,
>>
>> I am redesigning an application I previously wrote to get a better
>> integration of Horde apps like imp, nag and turba. The plan is to start
>> over with an empty application and work from there.
>>
>> I started with Ralf Lang's boneyard application (
>> http://www.ralf-lang.de/2015/12/16/boneyard-a-barebone-horde-dynamic-view-app-based-on-skeleton/)
>>
>> but instantly ran aground. Ralf sets out from a certain dev setup and
>> dabbling seems dangerous (EMPTYING old web directory...)
>>
>> My dev system is not ready for such total-resets and all I am
>> interested at
>> this time is a blank Ajax stub application. Any clues?
>
> Unfortunately Skeleton doesn't have such a dynamic example interface
> yet, though adding one is a good idea. For now you probably need to
> start with some existing ajax interfaces. It doesn't have to be the
> rather complex IMP or Kronolith, but Hermes or Ansel have dynamic
> interfaces in Git master too.

Hi Sebastian,

if you can spare some late hours next week (after 20:00 CEST) I can work
with you on refreshing that old setup to current standard. Skype, IRC or
XMPP are welcome. Just drop me a mail.

However, the dev setup has been around like this for years now. I'm a
little curious how it's special.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer