[dev] [horde] installing skeleton

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Fri Oct 13 11:45:38 UTC 2017

Am 10.10.2017 um 06:09 schrieb Barry O'shaughnessy:
> I'm new to using Horde, only having just managed to get it installed
> recently via a lengthy tutorial
> (
> https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/install-horde-5-webmail-for-ispconfig-on-debian-jessie/
> )
> only to find out I could have done an apt-get in Ubuntu or OpenSuse.
>
> I would like to develop a new module and found the instructions to install
> Skeleton
> (as part of the docs/INSTALL file) but am unable to get it installed, I get
> an "is not activated"
> error message when I go to the page horde/skeleton can someone point me in
> the right direction.
>
> I can not see the module in the configuration page so cannot configure it
> as per instructions.
>
> Horde 5.2.22 Centos 6.4

Hi Barry,

as a developer you might be interested in
https://github.com/ralflang/docker-horde-php7 if you are into containers
or mrubinsk's vagrant profiles.

To get started, you would run a script which makes a "Myapp" template
from skeleton.

Then, you need to add a snippet to either horde/conf/registry.d or
registry.local.php

<?php
$this->applications['myapp'] = array(
         'name' => 'My App',
         'provides' => array('mycapability')
);

To actually have myapp show up in the topbar, you also need to generate
the conf.php from conf.xml

Best go to /admin/config and run the dialog.

I haven't tried out if the script also works with the most recent
changes to the horde git setup. Otherwise you need to manually or
automatically change all file names like "skeleton" to "myapp", all
occurences of "skeleton" to "myapp", "Skeleton" to "Myapp" and
"SKELETON" to "MYAPP", which is tedious.

Or your application will have the name "Skeleton", which is not really
desirable ;)

Let's please switch to the "dev" list and leave "horde" list to
administrators and the general public

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer