[dev] horde installation - was it always that hard?

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Thu Dec 20 10:26:01 UTC 2018

Hi Sebastian,

Am 20.12.18 um 08:52 schrieb Sebastian Birnbach:
> I am redoing my Horde installation on a new machine and ran into way more
> problems than expected.
>
> Currently I am trying to
> # sudo pear install -a -B horde/horde
> It seems like everything /usr/local/pear was installed but nothing in the
> Horde base directory.
> The command gives me tons of complaints which I enclose.
>
> I am trying to work the list from top to bottom but can't seem to solve
> many problems.
>
> About getopt:
> # sudo pear install -a Console_Getopt
> pear/Console_Getopt is already installed and is the same as the released
> version 1.4.1
> Cannot initialize 'channel://pear.php.net/Console_Getopt', invalid or
> missing package file
> Package "channel://pear.php.net/Console_Getopt" is not valid
> install failed
>
> About sasl:
> # sudo pecl install pecl.php.net/sasl-0.1.0
> downloading sasl-0.1.0.tgz ...
> Starting to download sasl-0.1.0.tgz (6,435 bytes)
> .....done: 6,435 bytes
> 5 source files, building
> building in /tmp/pear/pearGQmJ3I
> running: phpize
> Cannot find config.m4.
> Make sure that you run '/usr/local/bin/phpize' in the top level source
> directory of the module
>
> rolling back 9 file operations
> ERROR: `phpize' failed
>
> I downloaded sasl:
> # fetch http://pecl.php.net/get/sasl-0.1.0.tgz

Just a side comment:

I'd rather not mix and match pecl and distribution/rpm based php
extensions.
If you use system php, stick with yum for extensions.
If you use a /usr/local php, use pecl

I run mostly SUSE packaged, containered or git-tool installed horde, so
I cannot comment on your specific issue.