[dev] How to keep IMP from blocking other apps

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 15:54:38 UTC 2019

Sure, and anonymization is not even required as SMTP server credentials are
configured in the console.
Here is my backends.local.php:

// IMAP server
$servers['imap'] = array(
    // ENABLED by default; will connect to IMAP port on local server
    'disabled' => false,
    'name' => '2B IMAP Server',
    'hostspec' => 'localhost',
    'hordeauth' => true,
    'protocol' => 'imap',
    'port' => 143,
    'smtp' => array(
        'horde_auth' => true, // use the global settings from
Settings->Horde->Mailer
    ),
    'secure' => 'tls',
);

I have not yet figured out when exactly IMP will talk to the mail server. I
observe that I cannot use the user preferences or the admin console without
waiting for every click.
Oh, except for logging in, that is unaffected.

There has been some unfortunate discussion in the bug tracking system, so
please let me clarify again:
my question is not about authentication. Both Horde and mail server
authentication are fine. No problem here, not even related to it.
My issue is about Horde operation when the mail server fails or responds
very slowly. In this case IMP is very slow and seems to drag other Horde
apps down.

Kind regards

  Seb.