[dev] how to repair the conf object?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri May 24 20:13:22 UTC 2019

Quoting Sebastian Birnbach <birnbacs at gmail.com>:

> I recently installed nag and found out that my own application had stolen
> one of its settings:
> $GLOBALS['conf']['storage']['driver'].

Each application runs in it's own configuration scope, so I'm not sure
what you mean here. How did it steal it?

> (It took me a while to figure this out)
>
> I changed my application so that it uses
> $GLOBALS['conf'][dossierstorage]['driver'] instead. This side works well
> again.
>
> Problem is, I am unable to get nag's configuration hash entry back. I can
> see and manipulate nag's configuration in the console and settings get
> reflected in nag/config/conf.php no problem. But when I dump them with
> print_r($GLOBALS['conf']) they are missing.

Where are you dumping the values? You have to do it from within Nag's
context if you want to see Nag's $conf entries. Use the php shell in
the horde admin, and select 'Nag' in the context drop down.