[dev] solved: imp scrolling speed much too high

Sebastian Birnbach birnbacs at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 08:34:08 UTC 2019

I solved a big nuisance for me today, maybe somebody with the same problem
will stumble over this in the list archives.

I always felt that imp's vertical scrolling speed with the mouse wheel was
way too high. As I moved to an Apple Magic Mouse with a slide sensitive
surface rather than a wheel, working became hardly possible.

Changing the scrolling speed requires no more than tiny change in
imp/js/viewport.js, line 1411. Change this

if (delta) {

   this.moveScroll(this.currentOffset() + (Math.min(this.vp.getPageSize(),
3) * (delta > 0 ? -1 : 1)));

}

to this

if (delta) {

   this.moveScroll(this.currentOffset() + 1 * (delta > 0 ? -1 : 1)));

}

In your browser, reload the imp page and the cache (e.g. Opera on Mac:
CMD-OPT R) for the changes to take effect.

hth