[dev] PHPUnit 8 compat (was: Re: Preparing compatibility with PHPUnit 6)

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sun Jul 5 14:04:53 UTC 2020

Zitat von Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de>:

> Hi Michael,
>
> On  So 14 Jun 2020 22:34:16 CEST, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
>
>> Quoting Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de>:
>>
>>> Hi again,

>>> I'd be up for working on PHPUnit8 compatibility. I'd propose
>>> bumping Horde_Test to compat to 8.x and dropping 4.8.x compat.
>>>
>>> I'd love to get some feedbacks on this.
>>
>> The issue with doing this big of a jump in our current release code
>> is that PHPUnit 8 requires PHP 7.2, which is a BC break in our
>> FRAMEWORK_5_2 branch.  This would have to wait for a major version
>> upgrade when we can bump the minimum required PHP version.
>
> Ok. Fair enough then. I will start working on PHPUnit 8 patches over
> the next few weeks, together with the Horde co-maintainer in Debian.
>
> I will ping the dev list, once we have a working scenario.
>
> Mike

FWIW I have experimnented with requiring different PHPUnit Versions
with the different PHP version that we support. This works pretty well
using version semantics with Composer, but not with PEAR. This wasjust
for packaging/dependency management though, not for API changes in
PHPUnit.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project