[dev] Switching from PEAR to Composer

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Oct 28 14:42:08 UTC 2020

Hi Kieran,

Am 28.10.20 um 13:21 schrieb Kieran Brahney:
> Hello,
>
> I've been referred to this mailing list by Jan over at
> https://github.com/composer/composer/issues/8778#issuecomment-717744599
>
> We (SupportPal) have recently switched to using the Horde IMAP client for a
> variety of reasons, but mainly due to lack of XOAUTH2 support in the
> php-imap extension. The library is currently integrated via Composer and
> the Horde PEAR repository. As you're aware Composer 2.0 has now dropped
> support for PEAR.
>
> I am not too familiar with the Horde code base beyond using it as an
> application.That said, given we currently only use the Horde IMAP client
> (and its related components) we are happy to help upgrade and test these
> parts of Horde.
>
> I've read over the past months discussions on this mailing list and also
> checked https://github.com/horde/Imap_Client. It looks like the majority of
> work has been undertaken by Ralf, specifically -
> https://lists.horde.org/archives/dev/Week-of-Mon-20201005/029494.html. I
> don't believe any work has started on upgrading this component? If someone
> would be so kind to describe how we can help I would be very grateful.
>
> If ChristophWurst (from the aforementioned GitHub issue) is subscribed to
> the mailing list then we should coordinate to avoid clashing! You're
> welcome to email me directly once we know what work is required.
>
> Thanks for your time and consideration!

Nice to hear from you.

See https://horde-satis.maintaina.com/#horde/imap_client for a "pear
free" version using only composer for installation and composer format
dependencies. It's the git-master versions, possibly with up to 7 days
of delay in commits.
https://github.com/maintaina-com/imap_client

I'm happy to process any input on these.

If you need the composer conversion for one of the tagged versions, I
can provide you with instructions on how to create that yourself.

--

Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de