[dev] Switching from PEAR to Composer

Kieran Brahney kieran at supportpal.com
Wed Oct 28 18:58:18 UTC 2020

On Wed, 28 Oct 2020 at 14:44, Ralf Lang <lang at b1-systems.de> wrote:
> Nice to hear from you.

Thanks Ralf! I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

> See https://horde-satis.maintaina.com/#horde/imap_client for a "pear
> free" version using only composer for installation and composer format
> dependencies. It's the git-master versions, possibly with up to 7 days
> of delay in commits.
> https://github.com/maintaina-com/imap_client

It looks like you've done most of the work already! Is there anything
stopping these being sent to the horde repositories, or anything left
to do?

RE: using the maintaina repositories. I have a couple of questions
which I hope you don't mind answering:
* There are a few branches; is dev-master the branch to use?
* Are you using the repositories for anything else - I'm not going to
find some maintaina specific code crop up?
* It's good to hear it's regularly updated. Are you manually updating
the forks or some automated process?

> If you need the composer conversion for one of the tagged versions, I
> can provide you with instructions on how to create that yourself.

I'm just looking for the latest and greatest code heh. dev-master on
your repositories sounds like it fits the bill. The only issue with
lack of tags is when a commit to dev-master randomly brings CI to a
halt.

I believe for horde/imap_client it's a case of forking 16 horde
repositories, and then updating composer.json? The problem is just the
effort required to keep those 16 forks up to date.