[dev] Horde's SabreDAV 2.0.9 and PHP 7 compat

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Mon Mar 1 13:37:46 UTC 2021

>>> The git master of horde_dav already has a bundled sabredav 2.1.10 while
>>> the latest proper release has 1.8.12.
>>> For my upgrade project, I will unbundle sabredav and use composer.
>>>
>>> As FRAMEWORK_5_2 has a bc requirement to run on PEAR and on PHP 5.3, it
>>> would be incompatible anyway. Modern sabredav requires PHP 7
>> Yes, I remember, that's why I couldn't merge this change to FW_5_2.
>>
> TL;DR: Sabre/Dav 3.x now works.
>

> I have a non-prod version running using Sabre/DAV 3.0.9 and I will next
> test against Sabre/DAV 3.2.3
3.2 broke because it now allows unauthenticated caldav access, which is
cool - but together with current Horde_Dav, the results are not desirable.

Until further work can go into a "make unauthenticated caldav work
right" feature, I had to disable unauthenticated caldav access.

https://github.com/maintaina-com/Core/commit/e8b96edfd13c2aafd17190e80c1ca8e64cbe94ea

> I have not yet decided if I aim for 4.0/4.1 or if I leave this to a
> future upgrade project.
>
> Sabre/DAV 4.x upgrades don't have an official upgrade guide, need to
> poke around what's breaking.

Apparently, at first glance nothing relevant to us broke between 3.2 and
4.1 - I'm sure there's a lot of room for undetected issues though :D

Only change needed between 3.2 and 4.1 was the require line

https://github.com/maintaina-com/Dav/commit/f24eb56d4f799d747d17fe497b02197b2b8e2ae7

It's still far too early in testing to consider it any good though.

--

Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de