[dev] PHPUnit 9.5 compat

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Sun Mar 7 12:05:39 UTC 2021

Hello,

Am 02.03.21 um 21:07 schrieb Ralf Lang:
> Hello,
>
> I added some changes to make Horde_Test compatible with phpunit 9.5.
>
> This will not magically make all test suites run though.

I have fixed a minor glitch in Horde_Test_Functional breaking Horde_View
unit tests in phpunit 9.5.

A colleague and I began converting some library unit tests to phpunit 9.

This meant

- Namespacing unit tests, test base classes, mocks and test helpers.
- Sometimes changing assert methods or method signatures to newer standards
- amending risky assertion-less tests to tests containing assertions.
- turning try/catch blocks into expectException.
- turning unconditional requires into conditional requires.
- other upgrade work

While parts of it could be semi-automated using the rector tool, most is
manual work.

action which can run on push or PR. And of course, converting all the
remaining tests.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer