[dev] Github Actions Release management

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Fri Aug 13 07:25:35 UTC 2021

Am 30.07.21 um 20:32 schrieb Ralf Lang:
> Hello,

My colleague Mahdi Pasche already implemented a similar CI task for
gitlab and has ported it to github actions. All credits to him :)

> Goal is to enable Horde Maintainers to run release tasks from github
> UI and simplify changelog handling.
>
> This is my proposal:
>
> - On Merge Request accepted: scan Pull request texts for some markers
> (suggestion?), run
>
>   horde-components changed "[foo] $text"

@Mahdi, I think the original version simply dumped the changelog. Can
you please confirm if it now scans for lines similar to "[somename] bla
bla." in the commit messages?

> - On manual trigger, run either the workflow for a patch release or a
> feature release. horde-components will run a pipeline
> https://github.com/maintaina-com/components/blob/FRAMEWORK_6_0/config/maintaina.conf.dist#L98
>   either keep the existing version information or change to the next
> feature level (x.Y.z)
>   regenerate composer.json from .horde.yml
>   tag a release
>   upgrade all relevant files to the next patch level (x.y.Z)
>
>   See link for more detail. The commits from the release flow will
> also trigger the composer repo upgrade and the documentation update
>
> - Do not allow PR merge if unit tests fail or source code contains
> syntax issues [allow override]

@Mahdi:

I think this one is not implemented yet? It was not part of the original
task requirement in gitlab.

> I did not yet really care about website and bug tracker updates. Also,
> I did not yet include file generation from wiki content. They may be
> broken or working as they always did. I do not have the privileges to
> test this.

Regards

Ralf

--