[dev] Github Actions Release management

Mahdi Pasche pasche at b1-systems.de
Fri Aug 13 08:36:10 UTC 2021

Hello,

On Fri, 2021-08-13 at 09:25 +0200, Ralf Lang wrote:

> Am 30.07.21 um 20:32 schrieb Ralf Lang:
> > Hello,
> >
> My colleague Mahdi Pasche already implemented a similar CI task for
> gitlab and has ported it to github actions. All credits to him :)
>

> > Goal is to enable Horde Maintainers to run release tasks from
> > github
> > UI and simplify changelog handling.
> >
> > This is my proposal:
> >
> > - On Merge Request accepted: scan Pull request texts for some
> > markers
> > (suggestion?), run
> >
> >   horde-components changed "[foo] $text"
> >
> @Mahdi, I think the original version simply dumped the changelog. Can
> you please confirm if it now scans for lines similar to "[somename]
> bla
> bla." in the commit messages?

I just pushed a revised version as part of
https://github.com/maintaina-com/Core/pull/3
The changelog should now be created in the way you mentioned but it
will only be created on new releases. This made sense for our gitlab
setup but might need to be changed for github.

> > - On manual trigger, run either the workflow for a patch release or
> > feature release. horde-components will run a pipeline
> > https://github.com/maintaina-com/components/blob/FRAMEWORK_6_0/config/maintaina.conf.dist#L98
> >   either keep the existing version information or change to the
> > next
> > feature level (x.Y.z)
> >   regenerate composer.json from .horde.yml
> >   tag a release
> >   upgrade all relevant files to the next patch level (x.y.Z)
> >
> >   See link for more detail. The commits from the release flow will
> > also trigger the composer repo upgrade and the documentation update
> >
> > - Do not allow PR merge if unit tests fail or source code contains
> > syntax issues [allow override]
> >
> @Mahdi:
>
> I think this one is not implemented yet? It was not part of the
> original
> task requirement in gitlab.

Correct, this is not implemented yet.
There is only one release workflow which will always increment the
patch version. Unit test and syntax check is also not done yet.

--
Mahdi Pasche
Linux Consultant
E-Mail: pasche at b1-systems.de

B1 Systems GmbH
Osterfeldstraße 7 / 85088 Vohburg / https://www.b1-systems.de
GF: Ralph Dehner / Unternehmenssitz: Vohburg / AG: Ingolstadt, HRB 3537