[doc] Horde Handbook

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Jul 28 04:18:30 UTC 2008

Quoting josh at endries.org:

> Just wanted to say I'm still alive, and still working on the
> handbook. I gathered a number of resources and am working through
> them, I'll have something useful to post pretty soon.

Wonderful!

> Currently I have a fleshed-out table of contents, and I'm beginning
> to fill parts out with actual useful content, including taking parts
> from the sources I've gathered online (which I'll cite or give
> credit to, of course). I'm also creating a jail and new install to
> use for screenshots...my current one is pretty customized. I also
> just got an HD PVR, so I might make some instructional videos since
> they're all the rage nowadays. :)

Ooh, shiny. :)

> I looked online in the CVS repo and noticed the hordedoc/userguide
> folder, but it looks empty on the web site. I just wanted to make
> sure that there's actually nothing there, and it isn't a lack of
> updating or something, and that there isn't something else already
> existing that I should be helping instead.

The userguide/ folder is indeed dead and empty. The only current user
guide info that we have is in en/user/. However the content is pretty
badly out of date. You can take some of the xml source there as an
organizational suggestion; I did update it to use xincludes the last
time I had some cycles to spend on this. For sources of information,
also make sure to take a peek in workfiles/user; the UMICH stuff at
least is relatively recent.

> I have another round of surgery on Monday which, after a couple days
> of being a zombie, will give me some time off from work which I plan
> on using to work on this a bit.

Best of luck with that, and thanks!

-chuck