[doc] DB migration mechanism

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Wed Dec 17 06:29:26 UTC 2014

On 16.12.2014 22:02, Sebastian Birnbach wrote:
> schemas can be controlled through files in <appname>/migration/*. The
> admin console will notice a new file in this directory and offer the
> right  "update DB schema"-button, which will call the "up" function
> defined in the file.
>
> Unfortunately, this is about all I could find on the upgrade mechanism.
> Too little for using or understanding it, especially since the file
> naming convention is unclear to me.

Use the horde-db-migrate cli script instead to get a deeper
understanding. The current schema version is stored in a separate table

The naming schema is Number_Classname, where Number is the order in
which they are applied and Classname is derived from Horde_DB_Migration
- see kronolith/migration to get an idea.

--
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Mail: lang at b1-systems.de