wvWare

Scott Martin martin@math.ohiou.edu
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 15:48:10 -0500

I am asking this question here because I am trying to keep the INSTALL
document as cross platform compatible as possible. Here's the problem I ran
into. I was able to get wvHtml to work since the day I installed it. I kept
getting a message that it couldn't find the libttf shared libraries, yet I
know when I build wvHtml, it found all the libraries just fine. Come to find
out that the dynamic linker runtime bindings needed configured. I had to add
the default directory for the libttf library (/usr/local/lib) to
/etc/ld.so.conf and run "ldconfig". So my question is this. Is this process
(I.E. having to edit the file, add the directory and run "ldconfig")
compatible with what all unix platforms have to do to get the dynamic
linking configured? I need to know if I need to make special notes in the
documentation on this.