[doc] Re: Documentation reccomendations

lordscarlet@idledreams.net lordscarlet@idledreams.net
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 16:11:59 -0500

> Quoting "Brent J. Nordquist" <bjn@horde.org>:
>
> > I've been trying to shunt all the Red Hat (RPM) specific stuff into the
> > RPM README file; I think that is the best general philosophy:  write for
> > tarballs and config. files (in as platform-non-specific a way as we can)
> > and put packaging stuff and OS-specific stuff elsewhere.
>
> I like this approach.
>
> > The 2.2 branch docs/INSTALL files do this.  I can't vouch for the 2.3
> ones
> > because I've hardly touched them... I suspect they're a mess and I'm
> > frankly afraid to look hard.  ;-)
>
> Heh. Because of what you think you'll find, or what you think you _won't_
> find?
> =)
>
> -chuck

i'd be happy to be a guinea pig for going through the documentation word for
word.. i have a second machine that is behind my firewall that doesn't do any
server tasks so i'd be happy to screw it up in the process of trying.. and this
time through i'll keep documentation of anything missing or wierd that
happens :)

doug.