[doc] Re: Documentation reccomendations

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 15:33:57 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, lordscarlet@idledreams.net <lordscarlet@idledreams.net>...:

> i'd be happy to be a guinea pig for going through the documentation word for
> word.. i have a second machine that is behind my firewall that doesn't do any
> server tasks so i'd be happy to screw it up in the process of trying.. and this
> time through i'll keep documentation of anything missing or wierd that
> happens :)

That would be great!  Documentation writers and reviewers always
appreciated.

However, before you put time into a review, we should agree on a starting
point; I'm feeling like starting with the HEAD docs/INSTALL files, for
example, would be a huge step backward, since a lot of work was done to
get the 2.2 branch docs files at least reasonably correct.

Once we decide what to start with, then I think someone should start
converting to (and, in reality, writing new) DocBook.  That might be me,
if I continue to have time to work on Horde/IMP issues, or are there
others interested?

(And I'd love to hear what others think about generating a flat text-file
INSTALL file from DocBook, as one of the output types?)

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org>