[Doc] contributing umich IMP docs

Brent J. Nordquist bjn@horde.org
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 11:15:43 -0500 (CDT)

[Sorry about the bogus post.]

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Liam Hoekenga <liamr@umich.edu> wrote:

> I found a bunch of stuff about converting from docbook to other
> formats... but very little about going from something into docbook.
>
> Anyways - AbiWord seems to be able to convert from MSword to docbook.
> I don't really know a lot about docbook, so I can't speak as to how well
> it worked. I've tarred up a copy of the docbook-qua-AbiWord version
> along w/ the html version (which has all of our graphics, and should
> give an idea of where they go).  It can be found at:
>
>     http://www-personal.umich.edu/~liamr/horde/docs.tar.gz
>
> Someone want to take a crack at this?

I'll spend some time today trying to get this working with the DocBook
tools that we already have in the "docs" CVS module.  However, right now
that module seems to be set up to assume just one document (the system
admin.'s guide that's checked in there), unless I'm misunderstanding the
layout...

Should I be setting this up as a new subdirectory (ug, userguide, etc.)
for the U. Mich. document, and that would have en, fr, etc.
subdirectories... and later we could move the sys. admin. guide down one
level to match?  Or should I just be mingling this document along with the
other one, and making sure none of the parts' names conflict?

Thoughts?  (If no one proposes anything I'll probably do the subdirectory
approach.)  In any case, we should be able to move things around later.

I won't check anything in until I get the updated doc. that Liam mentioned
(with Turba)... I'm just getting all the tools etc. in place and figuring
out the approach.

--
Brent J. Nordquist <bjn@horde.org> N0BJN
Other contact information: http://www.nordist.net/contact.html