[doc] Horde user docs

Sat, 28 Sep 2002 20:10:35 -0500

> It's been hampered by the fact that both Brent and Anil, the main people
> working on it, have been pretty busy.

Yes, well, I know how that is ;)

I can't even keep up with the submissions for the sork project which I get. :(

But I get paid to support my users, and my users want docs, not changes to
sork, so that's why you've seen the recent help file commits and this doc
project getting started.

> There is a docbook framework in CVS
> (in hordedoc/) that is pretty flexible, and though it could use some work
> (moving completely to XML docbook, for example - Anil?), the basis is there.
>  Some of the UMich docs have already been converted to it.

Okay, I'll check it out and see what I can make out from it.  Once I find out
the format the docbook stuff is in, if it is XML or XML like, I can make an
xslt stylesheet to do the conversion...  Like I said, I don't know what the
project is doing, or what docbook is doing, but I can do xhtml, xml, and xslt.

> So, if you could add what you've been working on, that would be great.
> Personally, I'd rather see _something_ there rather than nothing, so if you
> wanted to toss the XHTML docs into the right places organizationaly, and
> worry about translating them later, I'm fine with that. Hopefully having
> some content will give us something to build on.

Okay, I'll try to get it in docbook though.

> > 3) Offer to help in the real project if desired, if the project is still
> >    on-going.
>
> Yes, yes, yes, please! ;)

*grin*

--