[doc] Horde user docs

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 20:41:06 -0400

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

> I know someone was working on horde user docs (in docbook format I think)
> but I've not heard anything for a long time about this.  I hope this is
> still an on-going project, but it seems to be slow if not dead?

It's been hampered by the fact that both Brent and Anil, the main people
working on it, have been pretty busy. There is a docbook framework in CVS
(in hordedoc/) that is pretty flexible, and though it could use some work
(moving completely to XML docbook, for example - Anil?), the basis is there.
 Some of the UMich docs have already been converted to it.

So, if you could add what you've been working on, that would be great.
Personally, I'd rather see _something_ there rather than nothing, so if you
wanted to toss the XHTML docs into the right places organizationaly, and
worry about translating them later, I'm fine with that. Hopefully having
some content will give us something to build on.

> 3) Offer to help in the real project if desired, if the project is still
>    on-going.

Yes, yes, yes, please! ;)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."