[doc] more on docbook stuff

Sun, 29 Sep 2002 22:22:21 -0500

Quoting Mike Cochrane <mike@graftonhall.co.nz>:

> I don't havea clue about any of this jade stuff so I went for a pure PHP
> solution.

I'm in the same boat, but I'm willing to learn, and assume that Brent had
a good reason for setting things up this way.

> I downloaded docbook-xsl-1.55.0.zip and use the script below to
> convert to HTML.

Well, converting xml to html is no big deal.  In fact, I'm starting with
xhtml, so it isn't even needed.  But I really like the additional formats
provided for in the current setup, and really don't like reinventing the
wheel.  Also providing static docs for others (so they don't need to
process them locally) would be a win for those with limit performance
or knowledge or skill (to get xml working in php, etc).

So I'll struggle on with things, and hope I can figure it all out, and
eventually get it all working...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics