[doc] Maybe helpful?

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 18:17:00 -0400

Quoting Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter@physics.utexas.edu>:

> Well, because I'm old school?
>
> I know most windows users won't touch postscript, and love pdf.
>
> But a lot of old school Unix, VMS, etc. people like postscript.
>
> Every try to print a pdf file from VMS?  If you're lucky, the VMS system
> might have the "xpdf" program which *might* display some kind of
> representation of the pdf, but not a very good one...
>
> Not a big deal, but I thought it would be nice...

Okay - I don't have a real problem with it, though I'd love to see a way to
leave the .dvi out of the toolchain. I guess I wasn't thinking much about
people printing a user guide from VMS. :)

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."