[doc] possible to create folders as a user?

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 10 17:09:22 PDT 2003

Quoting Dan Baker <dan at dtbakerprojects.com>:

> - is it possible for a user to create folders? I couldn't find anything

If using IMAP yes, if using POP3 then no.

> I didnt see
> any way to create folders....

Then it was either disabled by the admin, or not available because it
is using pop3 instead of imap.

> - I didnt see any documentation on how the system is set (either by
> default, or if its modifiable) with regard to how the horde INBOX
> interacts with the POP INBOX. i.e. if I read my mail via horde, and
> delete some messages. Then come back later and do a real "fetch" to my
> local email, will I get the messages I deleted via Horde, or not?

Again, depends on your setup.  If using a trash folder, they are moved
to trash and won't show up unless you look at the trash folder.  Once
you empty the trash, they are gone.  If using IMAP, deleting them only
marks them as deleted until you expunge/purge them.  They may show
up if marked as deleted but not yet expunged.  And so on...

> thanx,

Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics
The University of Texas at Austin