[doc] Wiki

Jon Parise jon at horde.org
Thu May 29 12:10:45 PDT 2003

On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 12:46:02PM +0200, Jan Schneider wrote:

> did anybody ever thought about replacing our FAQ by a Wiki or perhaps even
> put all our documentation in an online Wiki?

We used to use Faq-O-Matic[1], which is fairly Wiki-like.  I've been
using Wikis at work for a while now, and the concept has really grown
on me.

[1] http://faqomatic.sourceforge.net/

> I know this still requires some work on our side to make sure that no bogus
> or wrong information ends up there, but I think most of our users are sys
> admins that know what they are doing, and it would have saved us a lot of
> time if all the useful information that is buried inside the mailing list
> archives could be found aggregated on a webpage.

The advantage to our current system is that it's possible for us to
include the FAQ content in a documention build fairly easily.  The
quality of most Wiki's export capabilities is suspect.

--
Jon Parise (jon at horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)