[doc] Wiki

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Fri May 30 01:04:36 PDT 2003

Zitat von Eric Rostetter <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>:

> Biggest problem right now is no one submits material for the faq.
> Everyone
> wants stuff added, but no one provides the matterial to add.  I'll gladly
> add faq entries sent to me.  I'll even clean them up, fix them, etc.  But
> I can't write them in most cases (e.g. everyone wants an entry for
> setting
> up multiple virtual hosts....  I don't run virtual hosts, so I'm not
> about
> to write one...  The stuff on the list is not confirmed, not organized,
> etc.

That's why I thought about this. I think the barrier to enter some
information into a wiki system is much lower than submitting patches or
well written entries to the faq. What's so nice about a wiki, is that
several people can write on one subject, anyone can contribute a bit of
information to one entry and tweak and fix things.

Jan.