[doc] Good documentation

Benoit St-Andre ben at benoitst-andre.net
Tue Nov 29 12:29:46 PST 2005

Le Tue, Nov 29, 2005 at 09:16:37PM +0100, Ronald RiemVis a écrit:
> Mr Jan Schneider,
>
> You can become very angry but you also can face it that the
> documentation is far from being complete.
> Why do i get error messages fromout horde after installing MySQL with
> errors like no database found.
> After creating the database by hand and making actif the datatree in
> de horde setupn i get that the datatable is not there. Why i can not
> find in ANY documentation (because there is none for this) that tells
> me WAT horde is doing during the installation proces and maybe give
> the good parameters to create the datatable by hand.
> Is the idea that horde will make the database and later the table for
> the datatree environment or not.
> >From a stupid man like me you can learn a lot to make documentation
> good so other stupid people can use it.
>
> Thank you for reading this stupid comment.
>
> Ronald

Like Jan said, just read the doc.

point 6 in the "Quick install" section, in horde's docs/INSTALL

"6. Create database tables::

     cd ../scripts/sql
     vi create.mysql.sql
     mysql -u root -p < create.mysql.sql
"

And you'll also see that the datatree tables are being created by that
script.
--
Benoit St-André
ben at benoitst-andre.net