[giapeto] Re: giapeto Digest, Vol 19, Issue 1

Kyrian (List) kyrian-list at orenet.co.uk
Fri Oct 10 05:17:36 PDT 2003

> Googling and poking around in Horde 3.0CVS doesn't reveal any
> Horde_Template *user* documentation, but looking at the bTemplate
> documentation (*), it should indeed do what is needed with variable
> substitution, etc. it's just a matter of changing the variable
> delimiters, I believe from:
>
> {VARNAME}

> <tag:VARNAME />
>
> To make their existing templates work with Horde_Template, which
> should be fairly easy to do in an automated way.

Although,  it would be a pretty killer feature to have a "fasttemplate
compatibility mode" incorporated (which could default to off, and be
set/disabled with a class function), as that potentially could easily
bring a hell of a lot more of a userbase to Giapeto ;-)

..{snip}..

> there is something in the works, actually a number of examples showing
> the major functionality of horde_template. check out the hordedoc
> module from CVS and look under:
>   hordedoc/developer/work/horde_template.txt
>
> it should give quite a bit of insight into what can be done with
> horde_template.

Thanks. I'll check that out.

> > My client (BCC'd) has said that they are happy to trial Giapeto, and
> > they use their existing CMS rather extensively, so it could all work
> > out very mutually beneficial.
>
> i can send you some examples of templating to give you a head start...
> let me know.
If you could, that would be great. Thanks.

> > I'm pretty sure this can be worked around as long as Giapeto
> > supports, or will soon support the current major horde components
> > (IMP, Kronolith, Turba, etc.).
>
> yep it does. and if there are any block types that you need embedded
> from other apps they are pretty trivial to write up and add into the
> code.

Cool. There's certainly a couple of dynamic code blocks they need that
rely on Horde authentication information, but aren't actually part of
Horde, and that would help with them.

K.

--
Kev Green, aka Kyrian. E: kyrian&#64;ore.org WWW: http://kyrian.ore.org/