[giapeto] Re: giapeto Digest, Vol 18, Issue 1

Marko Djukic marko at oblo.com
Wed Oct 8 17:36:51 PDT 2003

Quoting "Kyrian (List)" <kyrian-list at orenet.co.uk>:

> Googling and poking around in Horde 3.0CVS doesn't reveal any
> Horde_Template *user* documentation

there is something in the works, actually a number of examples showing the major
functionality of horde_template. check out the hordedoc module from CVS and
look under:
  hordedoc/developer/work/horde_template.txt

it should give quite a bit of insight into what can be done with horde_template.

> but looking at the bTemplate
> documentation (*), it should indeed do what is needed with variable
> substitution, etc. it's just a matter of changing the variable
> delimiters, I believe from:
>
> {VARNAME}

> <tag:VARNAME />

right.

> For now, lets just say the offer's there, and see if any concrete need
> comes up. It might well be that the best thing to do is for me to
> contribute userland documentation to the project?

that would be very welcome.

> My client (BCC'd) has said that they are happy to trial Giapeto, and
> they use their existing CMS rather extensively, so it could all work out
> very mutually beneficial.

i can send you some examples of templating to give you a head start... let me
know.

> Hence the need for recent CVS of everything until the next major
> horde/IMP re-release...

yes. the horde_block code and the ability for giapeto to link up to other apps
only appeared in the current "CVS of everything"...

> I'm pretty sure this can be worked around as long as Giapeto supports,
> or will soon support the current major horde components (IMP, Kronolith,
> Turba, etc.).

yep it does. and if there are any block types that you need embedded from other
apps they are pretty trivial to write up and add into the code.

> Is it safe to say that there won't be an official release (or beta
> release) of Giapeto until the next official release of Horde itself
> (3.0?)? Which will shortly be followed by releases of the above major
> components? "I couldn't possibly comment" is a valid answer ;-)

i would love to get even a symbolic release out soon for giapeto just to a) have
a fixed milestone to iron out all the current minor bugs, b) have a starting
point for the next big feature upgrade and c) just because it would feel good
getting one under the belt.

so any help you can contribute would be appreciated.

marko