[giapeto] FastTemplate compatibility, right this time I think.

Kyrian (List) kyrian-list at ore.org
Wed Jan 28 08:22:21 PST 2004

> > Although,  it would be a pretty killer feature to have a
> > "fasttemplate compatibility mode" incorporated (which could default
> > to off, and be set/disabled with a class function), as that
> > potentially could easily bring a hell of a lot more of a userbase to
> > Giapeto ;-)
>
> You should just have to modify getTag() and getTags() in
> Horde_Template, and should be able to make this mode settable via a
> setOption() call easily.

Right. Third time lucky......

I think I've actually sorted it. We're not going to be able to do the
dynamic template compatibility, but I've got around the fact that
FastTemplate uses the concept of "file handles", by using the
getOption/setOption system to have mock ones, which should have the same
effect if I'm not very much mistaken, so this is now a much better
compatibility patch.

It still utilises the "compat_fasttemplate" option to define whether it
should allow access to the functions. I'm sure there's a better way of
doing it, but it'll do for now. The following compatibility functions
are now implemented:

define( $options )
FastPrint( $name )
assign( $name, $value )

The full list is available at the URL I posted previously, and I'll add
to this patch as and when I come accross the need to use a new
FastTemplate function for my client.

K.

--
Kev Green, aka Kyrian. E: kyrian@ore.org WWW: http://kyrian.ore.org/