[giapeto] FastTemplate compatibility, right this time I think.

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Wed Jan 28 18:12:08 PST 2004

Quoting Kyrian <kyrian-list at ore.org>:

> It still utilises the "compat_fasttemplate" option to define whether it
> should allow access to the functions. I'm sure there's a better way of
> doing it, but it'll do for now. The following compatibility functions
> are now implemented:
>
> define( $options )
> FastPrint( $name )
> assign( $name, $value )

I'm okay with adding the compatibility mode for tags, but I'm not so keen on
bloating the API with more functions. You're not really going to be able to
drop Horde_Template in for FastTemplate in *code*, right? I thought the point
was to emulate the tag parsing of other template engines, so we could re-use
the templates without converting them.

So I'd like to see a patch that just introduces a 'tags' option, with one of the
possibilities for that option being 'fasttemplate'.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck at horde.org>
"Here, I brought some cole slaw. It's made from peeeooople! Just kidding."