FTP directory perms

Rich West Rich.West@divatv.com
Tue, 05 Mar 2002 12:33:24 -0500

I've tinkered with gollem in the past and I really like the idea behind
it.  The only reason I have not deployed it is because of the general
security problems with FTP.

I have noticed that gollem, and I am guessing this is an artifact of PHP
--with-ftp compiled in, allows all users to browse the entire system (if
the ftp server is the same as the web server).  I mean, if you change
the "dir" variable within the URL, you can get anywhere on the system
(kinda scary), and this bypasses the normal FTP 'root-jail' setups for
accounts.

Is there a way to configure it to observe the FTP server permissions
even if the FTP server resides on the same host as the web server for
the Horde system?

Thanks!
-Rich

--