gollem as a filemanager for filesystems local to the webserver?

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:29:39 -0500 (EST)

Is there any interest in using gollem as a file manager for filesystems
local to the webserver?  er... that is, is anyone interested in it besides
me?

I'm thinking of implimentations of ftp and "file" drivers (to borrow from
the URI naming scheme for local files).

I understand by making gollem an ftp client, you don't have to worry about
the webserver having inappropriate access to the webserver's filesystems..
but we'd like to access said filesystems w/o having to turn on ftpd, and
the abilitiy to manipulate the filesystem in ways not available through
ftp.  We're writing an apache module to handle authenticated access to the
filesystem (AFS, in this case).. and would like to provide a idrive /
drivespace / freedrive type service to our users.

I'm going to try and impliment the driver stuff myself, but it's been a
long time since I've done any real programming.  I was wondering if anyone
had done any work in this direction.

thx
Liam