[gollem] gollem as a filemanager for filesystems local to the webserver?

Liam Hoekenga liamr@umich.edu
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 11:30:42 -0500 (EST)

> > I'm going to try and impliment the driver stuff myself, but it's been a
> > long time since I've done any real programming.  I was wondering if anyone
> > had done any work in this direction.
>
> No work, unfortunately. I'm a bit unclear how you solve the auth issues... ?

Authentication to the file system?  Or authentication to the application?

We're running AFS, and we're in the process of writing an apache module to
give the webserver authenticated access (as the user) to the file system
once users have logged on and obtained kerberos tickets (which our web
authentication suite does..  it's the same way we get tickets to
authenticate to our kerberized IMAP servers)

This should work for us and other sites running AFS, but doesn't provide a
good solution for people trying to modify files on more standard unix file
system.

There don't look to be many actual calls to FTP functions, so, I'm
thinking we could fairly easily do a gollem/lib/Driver.php and
gollem/lib/Driver/ftp.php, file.php, (or maybe like ufs.php, afs.php),
etc.

Liam