[gollem] Document Management System

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:27:43 -0400

Quoting Michael Varghese <mike.varghese@ascellatech.com>:

> I'm currently interested in creating a document management system. I have
> looked through the Gollem project and noticed many features that I
> particularly want in my document management system.  Yet, there are also
> many features that lack in Gollem.  Listed below are the specific features
> I'm looking to implement.  If someone could please inform me if I should
> proceed in working from the Gollem project or start my own project, I
> would be greatly appreciative.  Thank You.

I'd really like to see Gollem move in this direction; I'm starting work
today on a little bit of a VFS system that I want to use for Gollem's
backend in the future, so that Gollem can handle local files, FTP, WebDAV,
a SQL filesystem, etc. So your features could fit into some or all of these
quite nicely.

What did you have in mind as a backend (as opposed to FTP)?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in