[gollem] Document Management System

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Sat, 8 Jun 2002 00:33:19 -0400

Quoting Peter Arien <peter.arien@cc.kuleuven.ac.be>:

> Chuck, I noticed horde-HEAD/gollem-HEAD already has a lot of
> groups/perms stuff. Could you elaborate a bit on where you're
> going with this?

I'd like Perms to be a general ACL system for Horde. It wouldn't map to a
Gollem that was backed by FTP, but it would certainly map to one maintained
in a SQL database (see the VFS code I just committed) or on a local
filesystem (also see the VFS code - I have a pipe dream that eventually
that'll be featureful enough to make it what Gollem uses as a backend, with
Gollem just the UI/editing/etc. part).

So it, by itself, isn't headed anywhere terribly specific. I'm already
using it to control access to Whups ticket modules; I have a few other uses
in mind.

That help, at least as a start?

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"What was and what may be, lie, like children whose faces we cannot see, in