[gollem] SQL VFS Failure - "largish" attachments

Rodolfo Segleau segleaur@mechanus.org
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 19:34:27 -0500

> ----- Message from chuck@horde.org ---------
>     Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 18:49:14 -0400
>     From: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>
>  Subject: Re: [gollem] SQL VFS Failure - "largish" attachments
>       To: gollem@lists.horde.org
>
> Quoting Rodolfo Segleau <segleaur@mechanus.org>:
>
> > I noticed the other day that when i tried uploading several largish file
> > (above a 1MB), gollem gives the following error:
> >
> > Error uploading file: version5.2.rar
> >

> > It seems to happen when it's a zipped file (or large MPEGs) or .exes.
> > None of these files are larger than my limit with PHP (which is 10MBs
> > right now for POST and attachments). Has anyone else run into this problem
> > with a mySQL backend for the SQL VFS?
>
> Did you check your MySQL logs to see if the column was being overflowed?
>
> -chuck

I checked the binlog from MySQL and nothing out of the ordinary is there. I
made sure the my.cnf file also allowed for a larger packet size, but it's set
also at 10MB. I don't think that a 6MB file should inflate to over 10MB..

Cheers,

Rodolfo

--
The greatest and noblest pleasure which men can have in this world is to
discover new truths; the next is to shake off old prejudices. - Frederick the