[gollem] Re:Getting it up and running

Edwin Culp eculp@encontacto.net
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 18:23:35 -0700

Quoting Karl Davidson <karl@ziprealty.com>:

 | Thanks for the response Mike,
 |
 | I do have horde working properly. I have been using IMP on my system with
 | turba for the last two months. My PHP is working fine as well. I however do
 | not know what you are talking about regarding "Administration" and "File
 | Manager" are those componants of Horde? Do I need another package to access
 | that? I have searched the message archives, but no where does it say how to
 | create the conf.php, all the messages just refer to makign changes to it.
 | There was one other person with my problem, but they were told to refer to
 | the mailing list archive... hmm..
I assume that you are running cvs head, if not YMMV.

To get to administration, first go to horde/config/conf.php and complete
the following line:

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array();

Since I'm using courier with virtual domains that authenticate based on
the user@domain.com mine looks like:

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('eculp@' . $vdomain,'yolac@' . $vdomain);

or with a systems account it could be just your username

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array(karl);

After doing this an logging in as karl you should see an additional icon
next to log out that is named administration.  Click on it and then on
configuration and select gollem from the dropdown.  The rest will be your
configuration.

good luck,

ed