Fwd: Re: [gollem] gollem request

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck@horde.org
Fri Nov 8 16:12:44 2002

----- Forwarded message from shannon@flyingmug.com -----
    Date: Fri,  8 Nov 2002 09:09:38 -0600
    From: Shannon Lekas <shannon@flyingmug.com>
 Subject: Re: [gollem] gollem request
      To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>

Thats great then...becuase it will be over https and thats secure.  The web
site says that its using FTP so i was confused.  Is there even a blip on the
radar as to when the stable tar.gz files will be released?

Shannon

> Quoting Shannon Lekas <shannon@flyingmug.com>:
>
> > just a request...and you may already do this.
> > I am anxiously awaiting the stable release of gollem.  But I was thinking
> > about this last night.  Since the file uploads work over FTP and port 21
> > is scanned so much by hackers.  Are you going to allow ftp on different
> > ports.  And will SSL over FTP be supported?
>
> Files are uploaded to Gollem wia HTTP or HTTPS, whichever you're accessing
> the webserver via. Going to the backend is a different story; if someone
> wrote an ftps backend, that'd be great.
>
> -chuck
>
> --
> Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
> "People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."
>  - Google, thanks to Harpers

Virus Scanned by https://mail.flyingmug.com

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck