[gollem] Fwd: Re: [horde] If using IMP authentication, how do you perform groups and user security

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Dec 9 13:06:44 2002

----- Forwarded message from tdondich@majiknetworks.com -----
    Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 00:31:46 -0800
    From: Taylor Dondich <tdondich@majiknetworks.com>
 Subject: Re: [horde]  If using IMP authentication, how do you perform
groups and user security
      To: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>

Okay, I was unclear and that was my fault.  It IS possible to create
groups and add users to them when using IMP authentication.  However, in
Gollem, I don't seem to have the capability to chmod items.  How do I
set the groups for the files I upload?  I set my user to belong to a
group, yet in gollem, the listing doesn't show it.  I'm using
gollem-cvs, using vfs, and using imp authentication.

Perhaps I'm missing something?

Taylor

Chuck Hagenbuch wrote:

>Quoting Taylor Dondich <tdondich@majiknetworks.com>:
>

>>I don't know if this is possible
>>because without doing horde authentication, you can't create groups and
>>such.
>>

>I'm not sure what you mean by this. Unless I'm really missing something,
>this is just wrong.
>
>-chuck
>
>--
>Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
>"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."
> - Google, thanks to Harpers

----- End forwarded message -----

-chuck