[gollem] Fwd: Re: [horde] If using IMP authentication, how do you perform groups and user security

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Mon Dec 9 21:27:37 PST 2002

----- Forwarded message from tdondich@majiknetworks.com -----

> Okay, I was unclear and that was my fault.  It IS possible to create
> groups and add users to them when using IMP authentication.  However, in
> Gollem, I don't seem to have the capability to chmod items.  How do I
> set the groups for the files I upload?  I set my user to belong to a
> group, yet in gollem, the listing doesn't show it.  I'm using
> gollem-cvs, using vfs, and using imp authentication.
>
> Perhaps I'm missing something?

We need some people to step up with work on and testing of permissions based
on Horde perms/groups inside VFS filesystems. The Gollem Shares code
mentioned  a while ago would probably come in handy here.

So you're not so much missing something, as it is that you've hit a place
where there's work to do.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."