[gollem] Re: Re: Shared space in Gollem/SQL/VFS

Jeroen Huinink j.huinink at wanadoo.nl
Thu Feb 13 20:35:12 PST 2003

"Chuck Hagenbuch" <chuck at horde.org> wrote:

> You mean merging the file list? Or showing them side-by-side? The first
I'd
> really shy away from; the second would be really cool, but my instinct is
> that it wouldn't be trivial.

I meant showing side-by-side. And I just started looking at the code. I hope
it might be trivial. The problem with the current code is that a lot of
information is stored in _SESSION['gollem']. We would probably need to
insert a level, e.g. _SESSION['gollem']'[$backend_id].

> Right, the above is the hard part. Now that my memory is jogged, the
> straight SQL driver is like this - one global file space.

That's what I figured as well. And for the FTP backend it should be easy to
strip out the user specific stuff...

> > It wouldn't be exactly the same as what I intended at first, but it
would
> > offer the same functionality and the option to view more than one
backend
> > might have other uses as well.
>
> Indeed!

I'll have a look at it then.