[gollem] Re: Side by side backends (was Shared space inGollem/SQL/VFS)

Jeroen Huinink j.huinink at wanadoo.nl
Sat Feb 22 08:47:55 PST 2003

"Chuck Hagenbuch" <chuck at horde.org> wrote:

> This is committed now. I fixed most of the problems I ran into (places
where
> functions hadn't been passed required new parameters, etc.). The UI seems
> not-so-useful to me; seems like you'd want them actually side-by-side, not
> on top of each other.

Thanks. I suppose that a side-by-side GUI would maybe be more usefull, but
you will run of the screen very soon. And didn't I hear you say once that
people down mind up and down scrolling, but do mind left and right
scrolling?

> Also, seems like there should be an option to let the user choose which
> backends to use, and how many (or to hardcode that to *not* all of them),
> and handling of the case where you need to log in to one of the backends,
> etc....

Yes, and I did set up an ftp server on my development machine, so I'll be
able to do some more/better testing as well. I'll try to pick up where you/I
left.

Regards,
Jeroen