[gollem] relative paths

kevin mcgowan clunis at umich.edu
Thu May 8 17:04:45 PDT 2003

This change ( to support relative paths ) means we can do one of two
things to support tilde expansion:

     1.  in manager.php, detect arguments to changedir that begin with
tilde and expand tilde ( would look almost identical to Chuck's
relative paths fix )
     2.  in getNativePath, detect the case where the last '/' in $path
is followed immediately by a tilde and replace the tilde ( and
everything to the left of it ) with the path from getpwnam

I'm happy to write either or both for review, but do you have a
preference?  Certainly the former is easier and cleaner, but I feel
like the latter is more theoretically sound.

kevin