[gollem] gollem module living on another server

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Aug 16 01:37:59 PDT 2003

Zitat von James Satterfield <james at uberduper.com>:

> Guys,
> Is there any way to setup gollem on a another server, but have it still
> use the
> horde auth from the main server? My situation is this: The main horde
> server is
> hosted in a location with limited monthly bandwidth. I have a group of
> users
> that are going to be moving a lot of large files around, so I would like
> setup a server in a location that has access to more bandwidth to run the
> gollem module. I'm currently using the vfs storage backend and I really
> like
> how it's working. I can switch to any other method on the gollem server
> so long
> as LDAP auth is available for it.
> Any suggestions you might have would be appreciated.

Not sure if it doesn't make more sense for you to leave Gollem on the same
server as Horde and simply move the backend for Gollem on another server.

That being said it wouldn't be possible to move Gollem alone to the other
server, you need a copy of Horde there too. If you set up a shared session
storage (NFS'd directory or SQL storage) you only have to authenticate once
if you want to use both servers.

Jan.