[gollem] gollem in a separate horde instance

dmoore at interactivate.com dmoore at interactivate.com
Mon Jan 19 16:58:53 PST 2004

Hi folks,

I'm looking at using gollem as a simple file repository manager for an intranet
that I'm building using quite a few components of horde.  No user level file
protection--folks can upload if they're logged in, and everyone can upload.

Looking around, it appears that gollem depends on features of horde only present
in CVS.  This post
(http://lists.horde.org/archives/gollem/Week-of-Mon-20031027/000908.html)
certainly indicatest that.

While I want to use gollem, I'm leery of using the CVS versions of other
components that have a stable release (kronilith, imp, turba).

I'm also a relative newcomer to horde, so this may be a stupid question.  But I
was wondering what you all thought the feasibility of running gollem in one
horde docroot (from CVS) and the other apps in a different version (2.2.4).

Would I run into session issues?  That's the biggest obstacle I can see in this
scheme.

Thanks for your time,
Dan