[gollem] scaling gollem for use by 1000's of users?

David Powicki dpowicki at oit.umass.edu
Mon Feb 23 07:42:57 PST 2004

Anyone have any thoughts about the potential for scaling gollem for use
by 1000's of users.  How close to stable is it and does anyone see any
gotchas with using FTP as the back end file store?  What i'm looking at
is trying to do is introduce an X-drive-esq files storage option for
our campus.  I've  been searching for other, more widely deployed open
source or commercial products that will fit the bill, but have had no
success.  I've been eying Gollem as the solution for the last few years
and thought I'd check on its status....

David

--
David Powicki                                       Assistant Director
of Network Services