[gollem] scaling gollem for use by 1000's of users?

kevin mcgowan clunis at umich.edu
Mon Feb 23 07:57:04 PST 2004

We're planning to do pretty much exactly this at umich but with AFS as
the backend.  We have it rolled out now to a small portion of campus
(maybe 40,000 possible users out of an eventual pool of >150,000, I
don't have current head counts but can generate them if folks are
interested).

What we've learned so far is that virtually no one can tell how to
download a file in the current UI ( though it seems obvious to me ).

We'd love to collaborate with someone on scaling issues and, to the
extent possible, UI issues.

Kevin